Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Our Surprising New Adventure!!!

May 14th, 2010
Where do I even begin...WOW!!! It was just another great weekend. I was off on a girls trip playing in St George and Dan was chillin at home with the kids. I received a phone call on Friday afternoon from our social worker saying that there was a baby boy born in Las Vegas the day before and she was wondering if we would be interested in adopting him. I had sheer excitement and anxiety run through my body at that exact moment. I hurried and called Dan, who I couldn't get a hold of, but luckily my parents were staying in St. George at the time so I called them to tell them the news. Finally, I was able to get a hold of Dan an hour later. We both knew that he was supposed to come to our family, so let the planning begin...

May 15th, 2010
It was amazing how everything fell into place after that. Dan made plans to fly to Las Vegas, rent a car, and book a hotel. I scrambled to figure out a way to meet him at the airport (because I didn't have a car). I tell you it was nice having 7 other girls helping me figure out a way to get there-Thanks Ladies you're the best! I ended up taking a shuttle from St. George to the airport where I met Dan within 15 minutes of his arrival. We made plans with our social worker to meet the birthmom that day at 4pm. We met for dinner with the birth mom, her cute 6 yr old son, and our social worker. We had a lot of fun and were so glad we were able to meet them and get to know them better.


After meeting the birthmom and her son we got to go to the hospital the baby was staying at. We were so excited to meet him and see him for the first time. We got to feed him and hang out with him for a couple hours. The hospital was amazing he was staying at.










3 comments:

  1. Oh Stacie, He is darling. I can't waite to snuggle him! You have a beautiful, amazing family! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I'm so happy for you and your family. He's so cute. I hope things continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...he is so DELICIOUS!!! I am beyond thrilled for you guys!!! He reminds me so much of Dax! I asked Katelyn on Sunday what she was going to name the baby and she said Thomas Cecil. I would do a little switcheroo and go with that! Can't wait to eat him up!

    Luv you guys!
    Nate, Ash and the gals

    ReplyDelete