Saturday, July 23, 2011

4th of July

We love traditions! Every year we go to the parade and then to my mom's house for the best food ever. I had to take pictures of the food she made because it was so beautiful. We had a lot of fun at the parade this year. Dan had this brilliant idea of taking the kids basketball hoop and putting a bag around it. I was standing right next to it and I literally was getting rained on by candy, toys, necklaces, stuffed animals, balls....the list goes on. The kids were smart and stood around it and picked up everything that missed the basket. It was hilarious.


Tyse loved all the action!

I know my mom and dad did too because all the babies were entertaining them -especially my dad who kept Tyse busy by squirting water from the bottle into his mouth. I don't know who was laughing more...my dad or Tyse.


My cute niece Sophie, my brother Steve's little girl.


My other cute little niece Hazel, my sister Melissa's new baby.


Kate was in the parade with the high school cheerleaders. She was on the float with her cousin. She loved all the attention and it was fun to see her.

So brilliant!!!






Jealous yet?



It's also tradition to swim in Grandma and Grandpa's hot tub...so much fun. I don't know if they left any water inside it though.


Lovin' the cousins!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day! The food looked awesome! You're so lucky to be next to your mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Melissa is a Mom! Tell her congrats! Love reading about your cute family! We really need to get together sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete