Wednesday, March 30, 2011

RSV

February 2011
When I took Tyse into the Doctor's office for what I thought would be some antibiotics, I did not expect that I wouldn't be bringing him back home. He had a really bad cold for about 4 days and it was just getting worse with really high fevers, and other miserable things. His oxygen was in the low 80's and even with breathing treatments would not go up. So, the doctor sent us straight over to the hospital where they admitted him right away.

It was a strange feeling being back there like I had never left the place. Luckily, Tyse wasn't too bad, but the monitors ringing brought back lots of recent memories. He tested positive for RSV. They put him on oxygen and gave him breathing treatments every 3 hours.

Tyse's pediatrician luckily only made us stay overnight and because of my nursing background let us bring him home along with a bunch of equipment to help take care of him. The next 5 days he was on oxygen, breathing treatments, and we had to suction him out a bunch...What a trooper!




Dad gave him a bath at the hospital and you would have never guessed he was sick by how much water splashed onto the floor.

All fresh!

Finally home

I liked playing with the oxygen tank


So grateful he is home and better now...We love you baby Tyse!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry he landed himself a room at the hospital. Poor little guy! :( He sure is a beautiful little thing!!!

    ReplyDelete